This article describes Opmetrix HQ 7.0 menus and navigation.
NOTE: All the functionality and reports that were available your prior version of the Opmetrix CMS are still available. While the location (and in some cases the naming) of reports and screens may have changed, the functionality has all been preserved. Nothing has been removed.
New Screen Layout
The main elements of the new screen are shown below.
- Main menu
- Home icon
- Expander icon
- Breadcrumb trail
- Utility icons
- User drop-down menu
- Screen Title
- Standard action buttons
- Active filters
- Main screen area
Using the Main Menu
The main change is that the main menu is now at left of screen, not along the top.
The new menu has two states; expanded and collapsed.
- When expanded, the titles of each set of modules are shown along with their module names and associated icons.
- When closed, the titles remain but the modules are shown as icons only. This gives more horizontal space for your reports, dashboards and other screens.
To expand or collapse, click the expander icon (shown below) that sits just to the right of the Opmetrix logo at screen top left.
Clicking once on a main menu item with submenus will expand the display so you see all the related submenus, from which you can then click access the screen you want. An example of expanded main menu with expanded submenus is shown below.
When hovering your mouse pointer over a main menu icon, it will brighten to show that is “live”. Conversely, when hovering your mouse pointer over a submenu item, it will darken or “grey out” to show that is “live”.
The main menu items are grouped into five subject-related sets of icons - Settings can be found with its own unique standalone icon at the bottom left of the main menu area:
- Field Team
- Retail Execution
This is equivalent to the Home screen in prior versions. It’s the fast way to look at real-time data on what your customers and staff are doing. This set contains the three dashboards (Route Maps, Call Coverage and Product Coverage) plus a list of your five most recently used screens or reports.
This contains most of the screens found in Sales Reports in prior versions, but is now subdivided into a more logical sequence and grouping of functionality of three modules - Transactions, Budgets, Payments. These modules provide functions relating to the commercial aspects of your business. Note that while some menu items are renamed, the only menu item from Sales Reports that is not in the Commerce set of modules is the Prospects Report, which is now located in the CRM set under Prospects.
This includes the vast bulk of the prior version’s screens from Surveys, Objectives plus several screens from both Activity and Settings. There are four modules – Call Notes & Photos, Surveys, Objectives, Prospects – which provide everything to do with your customer relationships.
This includes screens in prior versions which were accessed from the Activity tab. There are three modules – Call Cycle, Field Performance, Leave & Attendance – which cover everything to do with your field team out on the road.
This is a direct match of the screens accessed from the Retail Execution tab in prior versions.
This contains all the system settings that aren’t located in Maintenance (sub) menu items in the various modules. Equivalent to what was found under Admin in prior versions.
Just below the expander icon, you’ll see the “breadcrumb trail” for the screen you’ve just accessed.
The example below can be seen with the Product Group report. Click on any of the BLUE words to access the related screen.
There are three controls in upper right corner of your screen.
- The Heart icon is where your frequently used (Saved) reports can be accessed from a pick list.
- The Bell icon is where all your all your Alerts and Notifications will display (Email Queue, Export Queue, Bridge Info).
- The Question Mark icon contains all the Help information.
User Drop-down Menu
When you click on your user name (top right of screen), a drop-down menu presents.
The options on this User Log Out drop down menu are:
- The licensed company name and version number. These are the first two items on the drop down menu and they are display only – you might quote them when making a support call.
- Scheduled Portfolios. Opmetrix can automatically send reports via email, updating management and field teams on a scheduled basis. Use this facility to see existing portfolios or your Opmetrix Administrator can configure a new portfolio report schedule, recipients and frequency.
- Dark / Light Mode. You can use this button to switch between dark or light screen settings, whichever pleases your eye, by selecting Dark or Light Mode.
- Revert to Classic Theme. To revert to the older version’s screen appearance, you can select Revert to Classic Theme from this menu and your system will redisplay to the older version. From an older version, to return to the new version, click the Switch To New Them icon – as shown below – at the top of your screen - . This functionality will be available until February 2020 only.
- Terms & Policies. Contains the full Terms and Policies of using Opmetrix.
- Log Out – click to log out.
Standard Action Buttons
Towards the upper right of the active screen area (in the middle of the image shown below) there are four standard action buttons:
- Smart Search
These buttons incorporate and improve on the functionality previously accessed in prior versions from the buttons and controls shown below.
The new standard action buttons are:
- Save – this is a direct match to the previous Save button and, instead of a star, this now shows as a Heart.
- Share – this incorporates Email, Export and Print from prior versions. Click on the Share button and a drop-down menu will present with the three options. This shows as what will be familiar to many as the standard Android share icon.
- Filter – this replaces the previous double downward chevron icon that showed to the right of the Smart Search box in prior versions. This shows as a Funnel icon.
- Smart Search – this is a direct match to the previous Smart Search facility. Instead of an empty box, this now presents as a button with a magnifying glass icon next to the words Smart Search.
At the bottom of the partial screen area shown above, you will also notice the new buttons that show the names of the individual filters currently applied to this particular report. (This is an improvement to prior versions which displayed the active filters as plain text beneath the report name.) You can click on these filter buttons to adjust individual filter settings or click on the new Filter icon (next to Smart Search) to adjust settings for multiple filters.
The sample screen shown below shows the Date Filter drop down screen which displays when you click on the individual date filter setting for the current report.
The next sample screen shown below shows the Outlet Type Filter drop down screen which displays when you click on the individual date filter setting for the current report.