Quicklinks is a feature that allows Web URL links to be attached to products and customers.
Web links can point to customer websites, documents, PDF Flyers or Excel spreadsheets, making it a very handy way for field users to quickly access the most relevant external information from within their Opmetrix App.
Some Quicklink suggestions:
- Link a PDF product sheet to a product/SKU
- Link a customer's website to a customer
- Link an Excel price list to a customer
1. Customers - Set a Quicklink for each customer
2. Products - Set a Quicklink for each product
3. Company - One default company Quicklink
Services that Enable You to Directly Link to Documents
Quicklinks link to website URLS, not directly to a document. Many online storage services such as DropBox, Box, Microsoft SharePoint, and Google Drive allow documents to be accessed from these locations by way of a direct URL. Therefore to use documents with Quicklinks, you must have access to one of these storage services so as to give your documents a direct URL.
Many systems like DropBox offer a free service with plenty of capacity for the average company. This document discusses the use of Quicklinks only. For information on file storage services you should access their own websites.